I've had a chance to do some testing of reloads for my new Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine

So far I've just been using Varget powder and two different bullets. The Sierria Match King 69gr. Hollow point BT's, and the Hornady Match Bullets 68gr. Hollow point BT's.

Thus far my results have been: BTW--the orange dot is 1" & all rounds fired at a 100yd target.

Hornady, 24.5gr. Varget

Hornady 24.7gr. Varget

Hornady 25.0gr. Varget

Sierria 24.5gr. Varget

Sierria 24.7gr. Varget
[img width=572 height=768]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/davemuzz/8a4ec747.jpg[/img]

From my initial testing (which I did not post any pictures) it appeared the Hornady's had the most promise. However, it wasn't until I shot the last 5 round group of Sierria's with 24.7gr. of Varget that I got the best 5 shot group of .755. So, I'm going to bump the powder up just a bit more and perhaps give it just a little more OAL and see what happens with the Sierria's. For the Hornady's, I'm going to bump the charge up to 25.2, and extend the OAL enough so the round fits the mag, and also lets the powder not crunch when the bullet is seated. (No compressed load)

Dave