It is in .308 caliber. The rifle is right at 47 inches long. It has a 24" heavy barrel with a Target crown. The barrel tapers off at the endto be able to clamp on competition iron sights. It holds 5 bullets in an internal magazine. The cheekpiece is indeed adjustable and is spring loaded. The finish is has a satin feel to it. The rear sight base may be backwards but it works for the Springfield scope. I raise the cheekpiece about .5" and the eye relief is right on. I was told by Savage that the gun was made in the middle of 1995. They could not be more specific since their records only go back to 11-95. It has an anschutz rail on the bottom that is marked in inches and cm. I haven't found anyone who could tell me how to use it yet. It also has a Wundhammer palmswell, if that means anything. I have not shot it beyond 50yds, but it is definitely a one holer in the right hands. I have no real experience shooting but I can put five rounds touching each other with only a plastic sawhorse and a towel for a rest. About 3/4". I need more practice and to build me a shooting bench. I think the rifle as it is pictured weighs 12lbs. That is all I know, hopefully someone who knows more will chime in. In ended up paying 910$ total for rifle and scope. The rifle and scope look brand new.
Thanks for looking,
David