Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla
(Middle age disease called CRS.... I'm sure y'all understand)... Anyone have anything on this?
Thanks - Frank in Fla
Yup, I've got that same disease as well. Fortunately it doesn't affect my shooting...if I can remember where I put my rifles.

I wonder if that brass was really only once loaded. Maybe with really hot loads? I have shot and reloaded for bullseye (.32S&WLong and .45acp) and would simply shoot the brass until it cracked. But with the reduced target loads, I didn't lose a lot of brass. We'd reload .45 ammo what seemed like countless times, but we had so much, we never actually tracked it, so I have no idea of it averaged 3, 4, or 40 reloads before the typical case cracked. Maybe a really hot load and an oversized chamber might have done your brass in? Also, I don't know if the manufacturers anneal pistol brass during the manufacturing process. Rifle brass is often annealed during manufacturing (so I have heard, at least...can't actually confirm) but don't know about pistol brass.

Those are simply my random thoughts, nothing definite, no hard and fast answers to your question. Hopefully you have a good scrapman who will give you a reasonable price for your scrap brass.

All the best,