I have both, except my 22-6mm Improved would be like a TTH that has been improved. Burns more powder and gives a bit more velocity.

If you are going to use the 90's you will need a 7 twist. I have a couple of 8 twist barrels and they will not stabilize the 90's...also you can push them hard enough to blow them up. I have blown 80's a time or two. So you won't get the velocties out of them.....I have NOT tried the new 90 thick jacket berger though. (At least I think they make a 90grn thick version) The thick version work very well in the 80grn though. I've had it up to 3700+fps without a failure. I've had the 80 Amax's blow at that velocity every once in a great while....maybe due to barrel wear though. I'm getting close to the end of a Pacnor barrel that I had them make up for the 22-6mmAI...it's the one that will blow a bullet.

Barrel life is short....with either. If you want the speed, you gotta pay the speed devil! It cost barrel life. ;D You can expect somewhere around 700 - 1000 shots depending on how hard you push it. My first22-6mmAI barrel only lasted 550....I use it for forming brass only now....but I didn't know much about how to take care of the barrels at that time.

Mine are built on long actions and have no feeding issues....oh 28" Varmint weight tubes BTW. Fantastic killing power...like hitting a deer with a bolt of lightening. I've only had 1 run for a distance of maybe 50 yrds. The 2 cartridges are very nearly identical for all practical purposes. I'm currently working with a new wildcat based on 6.5x55 Swede Lapua brass that I really like in a 12 twist. I've had the 60 grn Partition to 4100+ FPS with room to spare and it's accurate to boot.

Try one or the other...you'll like it as long as you understand about barrel life. Any other questions I maybe able help with, just ask.