chestsprings
WOW, thanks for eons of experience related info. Probably will take me reading the post a few times to absorb it all. I don't know much about the regular 168gr TSX, but I do know is is a slightly different bullet than the 168gr TTSX. According to Barnes the TTSX version has a sleeker overall design. Not sure how it will work out in my rifle, but I will find out.

I hope to use the '06 for everything, elk, deer, pigs, but I also have a 308 that I took my deer last fall with. I plan on loading it with the 130's also. True to the 308/30-06 history, it will push (on paper) the 130's nearly as fast as the '06. It will be like a short action 270, pushing a 130gr pill at 3100fps. The 308 will be my back up rifle. I want to keep it simple, if possible, to make it down to one rifle, one bullet for everything.

A good friend of mine did that with his 300Wm and 180's, and that dude could hit anything he aimed at, and it usually fell right when it was hit.

I know the 4350 lines of powder, both Hodgdons and IMR, have good history in the '06, so I am hoping these loads do not break traditions. I cannot afford to keep buying different powders and expensive bullets, so when I find something that works, I stop. I realize it may not be the "best" but in this case ignorance is bliss ;D. Cheap bliss anyway.

Thanks again for the info.