I have a Swede built with a Shilen barrel in a 1-9 twist. It's one of the most accurate rifles I own. The barrel is a coutour, so you can't sit a the range and get 10 shots to plug in the same hole one after the other.....but you can get 3 to do it....and if you wait about 7 minutes, you will get the next 3 to go the same place....and on and on. ;D

I have two loads worked up for this barrel. Now, I'll tell you up front that both of these loads are a bit over the recommended max. But, I use only Norma or Lapua brass (as everything else will only give me 3 loads at max).

For the heavier bullet I use a Berger 140gr. VLD seated 35-thousands from the lands. The powder is RL-22 and the charge is 48.0gr. This is 1.6gr. OVER the maximum recommended by Berger. When I was developing this load, I shot the Berger max, and it just didn't get me the cloverleaf. However, I did notice that the more powder I put in (half-gr. increases) the tighter the groups got. (Don't ask me how I arrived at 1.6 over....I think I just like to round it to 48.0!!) MY RIFLE this load will chrony at 2725fps, with no pressure signs. I have been shooting this for over a year with great success.

For the lighter bullet I load the Hornady 129gr. SST over 46gr. of RL-22. This is .6gr. OVER the maximum recommended by Hornady in their load book. I seat the bullet 30-thousands from the lands....and like it so much that I have a custom reticle adjustment knob made for my Leupold scope just for this bullet.

I hope this helps.

Dave