Thanks for the opinions guys, I looked at some replacement barrels and they pretty much start out at what I paid for the gun . I guess I'll pick up a few boxes of ammo and see how it shoots after I put a scope on it. Not sure what to do there either though, I've heard the 7mm-08 has good ballistics and was kicking around the idea of putting a bit more powerful scope than a 3-9 I typically use for hunting so I could use it to shoot the 500 and 600 yard targets at my range but I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money if it won't be that accurate.

I bought it mostly for my kids to use for hunting, my daughter is 13 and has expressed some interest in going out and my boy is 7. I'm pretty sure he'll be a hunter, he's into guns and all the typical boy stuff. I suppose I will keep an eye out for a decent used scope to see how it groups at 100 yards then I can always upgrade without too much cost if I determine it can hit at further distances. I don't mind shooting the lighter ammo if that's what it needs but it would be nice to have options, lol. Thanks again.