I had a turd once, many years ago, a .222 Rem, Sav. 340, wood screwed on trigger guard, and magazine sheet metal \catch screwed to action bottom,.........Seems like it accounted for as many varmints as my well healed buddy's beautiful Sako .222 Rem..at the time.. Anyway, just got my hands on my 7mm-08 SS Axis, ( you know that nomenclature is definitely not PC ) ;D Someone thought this stock out.... trigger guard big enough for good use with gloves and the safety also. The small diameter look of the grip area is deceiving, and still works with my LG hands. It and the anti slip moldings feel like this will work well in wet and cold. Weighed in at 6.3 lbs with mag installed. What I have concerns about so far: The plastic spring on magazine and corresponding plastic lip catch on stock. Time and wear or breakage may show these to be weak spots, needing some modification, but, my Glocks haven't let go yet. The forearm is not very stiff and can be pushed up against barrel, depending how it shoots when supported, I may spot exoxy a 6061 T6 alloy aluminum tube in forearm, or glue silicone rubber shim at front of forearm to actually apply some vibration absorbing upward pressure. My object though, is to keep it as light as possible. Now; complete disassemble, inspection, cleaning, lube, scope and some factory rds. down range for test.......later....