The problem i have is, or i thought would be pretty simple to fix. So far i am dead wrong about it being simple. This rifle is a model 16 fhsak which happens to be a bottom bolt release hinged floor plate model. It came from one of our members and is a great rifle, i simply want to make it a dbm. This is easy right? Well not so far, this model has a dbm floor plate that measures 0.155 thick on the mounting tab that goes under the front mounting tab of the trigger guard. Most floor plate tabs measure 0.355 there, needless to say it won't work.

So, on to the chase. I have a few of the wrong floor plates sitting here and called savage to see what i needed and just order it. On the first call i get a person that doesn't have the answer but will find out and call me right back, a week later and still no call back. So i call again and explain the problem, the second person i speak with isn't in a good mood and tells me i don't know what i'm taking about, i need this and this. I explain that the floor plate for this model is different and am again told i don't know what i'm taking about, do i want these parts or not?

Needless to say they are the wrong parts and now i'm out the money to send them back and still don't have what i need to make what should be a simple change, or even if the part i'm trying to find is out there.

I'm guessing that i'm not the only one to incounter this problem and wonder what you did. Thanks, blue