First of all, it is a STRIKER!! Sometime prior to 2003, CA passed a new law that all new handguns (and maybe all firearms) had to pass a drop safety test. Savage elected not to have the strikers tested and since then no new strikers were allowed to enter the state. If they were already in state, you could purchase one--subject to all the rest of CA's silly laws. This is only one of the reasons that I now live in Iowa--with my three strikers.

In other words, if you introduce that firearm into CA, you would have to have it pass the drop test first (last I heard, several thousand $$$ per model) If your CA FFL were to violate this statute, the FEDS will gleefully prosecute under CA law.

I believe that the "adjustibility" of the TC rifles/pistols was some kind of exemption from the law that I mentioned above. Unless something has changed for the better I'm thinking your contact at the DOJ needs to do more research. No matter what she puts in writing will be a defense for you if something should happen. They won't take just the offending firearm-they take them all!! Good Luck, Steve