Here is some background on the issue.... In the past few days, I have blown two primers and now have two different spots on my bolt head that are pitted. The first one happened while working up to find my max load for my .243 wiith RL 17 and Berger 105 VLD's. I had worked up to 41.5 grains and everything seemed fine pressure wise. The best looking group came from 41 grains, so I loaded up a bunch of different 3 shot groups at diffent seating depths to find the best one and fine tune. On the second round of the second group (which was actually seated to the same depth as the day before), I had a primer blow out and make a pit on my bolt, and scare the crap out of me! I immediately packed up and went back to the shop to pull the bullets and start again. I dropped back down to 38 grains and started working my way back up looking for pressure. At 39.5 grains (a full 2 grains below where I had tested a few days before) I blew another primer. Again, I packed up, pulled the bullets, and threw out the 50 pieces of win brass and the remaining win primers. I am going to leave the RL17 for my .270 and get some H4350 and start all over. My question is this....will the pits on my bolt face cause any issues? If so, I will just purchase a new head before beginning load development again. Also, will I need to re-headspace if I install a new bolt head? thanks guys!