Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I have been long range shooting, in one form or the other, since 06. I was looking for a back up rifle to my 6.5x47, when I came upon a stevens 200 270 at Academy for 179 dollars. At the time I had an extra 30 cal mike rock medium palma blank and SAS brake collecting dust in the closet. So I bought the Stevens and starting planning my next build. Of course all I wanted was the action, so I tore the rifle down. I found that timney makes triggers for these Stevens, cdi makes bottom metal, and Manners inlets stocks. So here you have it, a nice 30-06.

With the only let down on this rifle being the cdi bottom metal. I am still trying to get this rifle to feed properly, but this rifle is starting to grow on me. I like the three position safety, and floating bolt head. This rifle no longer has a barrel nut, which looks to be a sin around here, but I didn't see the need for one considering I already had the blank. After having tried the 208 amax, 155 scenar, I have settled so far on the 175 sierra matchking at 2888 fps. I am also going to try the nosler 190 custom competition. This rifle will be used for everything from hunting hogs to inside 1200 yard ukd shooting. When my 6.5x47 gets sent off for a rebarrel, I know this savage will keep me up and running.

I just found this forum and really appreciate all the knowledge found here. Looks like at least one more savage will be in my future. I'm thinking this next one will a pta action in 338 edge.