Does anyone know how companies like Mossberg, Remington and Marlin manage to produce very Savage looking rifles in a similar price range to the Axis and Stevens 200. Seems that they must either have an agreement or they are sailing very close to patent infringement. The other thing that is bugging me is whether the Stevens 200 is now obselete or will Savage keep producing it side by side with the Axis? Had a look at a new Remington 715, in caliber 7mm/ 08 and it looked tidy enough but the trigger was woeful, lite but the creep and drag was beyond belief, still at a price of $330 Australian I don''t know how they do it. The shop was sold out of them and the one I looked at was only a demonstrater. Hope they pay as much attention to barrel quality as savage, because the last Remington I owned, had to be moved on because I could not keep up with the copper fouling and that was an expensive one in 300 Win Mag. At first I thought the problem was caliber related but then I bought a Stevens 200 in the same caliber and copper build up hardly happens at all, incidentally the Remington was a target rifle and weighed 11lbs. The 7 1/2lb Stevens has about the same level of accuracy. >