My usual quarray are pigs but I always take a varmint rifle along. What I do is put a bit of pig or kangaroo meat under a small tree out on the open plain. The crows come down into the tree and every now and then one is brave enough to hop down on to the meat and at about 200yds he is in a lot of trouble. My question is this, what does it take to blow one up? On my last trip I shot them with a 220 Swift with Hornady SX, a 25/06 with 75g Sierra HP, and a300WIN Mag with 110g Sierras at 3400fps muzzle velocity, all were killed very dead but no blow ups, just a thumb sized hole on the exit side although the 25/06 did a bit better than the others. Is there a pill or caliber around that will really send the feathers flying? Incidently we have two species of crow around here, the ones where where I live near the coast have feathers that are black only on the tips. The desert crows which are the ones I mostly shoot have feathers that are entirely black. I have quite a good set up, I use my vehicle as a blind, put sandbags on the roof and stand on an Esky so it is nearly as steady as a bench rest. Hope we have some crow shooters out there. Regards Murphy. ;D