So I bought a Savage 10PC and I love the rifle except the Accu Trigger is junk. I primarily use the rifle for Prairie Dog hunting and I have encountered a problem with the trigger. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. The sear constantly trips when I put the bolt down. Forcing me to adjust to a heavier the trigger pull.

I can set the trigger to a pull weight that im happy with and the rifle will function, but the set screw will move out of adjustment over time to a point where it doesn't function. For example: This weekend I set it to a functional level and then over the course of the day the trigger pull slowly gets lighter and lighter. It gets to the point where just pushing in the AccuRealse will cause enough friction on the trigger to trip the sear and then after a few more resets the sear wont catch at all. This forces me to take the rifle apart and reset it.

Secondary problem after resetting it to a lower trigger weight I have to lower the bolt slowly in order for it to work. If I do it to hard the sear will trip. I know set the trigger weight higher, I have also set the trigger a harder trigger pull and it still fails also I bought a rifle that was ment to be set as low as 2.5lbs and I want a gun that properly functions 100% of the time at the levels they advertised.

My question: Is there anything that can be done to the Accu Trigger to make it function how it should (not trip the sear when putting the bolt down hard, and not move out of adjustment) and be adjustable to a 2-3 pound range. Is there something I can do or Gunsmith? Or are there replacement variants that have the "double stage feel of the Accu Trigger" while correcting the problem and have the same function of the Accu Trigger?

Basically I want an Accu Trigger that functions how it should and can be set to the trigger pull weights that were advertised, not have the sear trip when I put the bolt down hard, and not have the weight move out of adjustment.