So I built a 338-06 and had it Duracoated. I checked the head space several times with both a GO and NOGO gauge before I had it coated. After putting everything back together I load up some rounds in new Weatherby 338-06 brass for break-in. Almost half the rounds fail to fire. The misfires all have a primer strike but I don't have a tool to measure the depth. When I get home I use a comparator to measure the head space on the fired and unfired brass as well as the head space gauges. The new Weatherby brass is several thousands shorter (2.041) than the GO gauge (2.044) and the fired brass measures 2.047. So am I correct in guessing the brass is several thou. under SAAMI minimum chamber dimensions? The bolt closes fine on the GO and wont close at all on the NOGO and fired brass measures in between the two gauges so I'm pretty sure the gun is head spaced properly. Do I have to go through the pain of fire forming the short brass so they properly fit the chamber? I was looking to sell the rifle and in the interest of full disclosure, when I mention this, people run away. Should I fire form the brass and send it with the gun or keep my mouth shut because I don't think it's a gun problem but the brass instead? I had the gauges so people could check the head space. Sometimes, rightfully, people are nervous about home built Savage re-barrel jobs. This is the fifth Savage I've built and I've never had this issue. Sorry about the long rambling! Any ideas?