Hello, I am new here so forgive me if this is a common topic. I did a search and really didn't find my answer.

I bought my daughter a used stephens 110e series K in .308. We have a problem. The gun does not extract the cases. Here is the details:

Cases are not stuck. Most will fall out when gun is tilted back. At the very most a cleaning rod is needed to push the case out with no tapping or force.
Bolt operates smoothly and freely. The cases come out with light powder burns down the length. Not major but anything more than none is not normal in my book.

My thoughts are cleaning, see if that does it. My thinking here is the "powder burns" are really just the result of a dirty chamber and therfore causing the cases to stick but they aren't stuck.
Maybe the extractor needs replaced but if so why the powder burns.

The one that worries me is this a headspace issue. With the relative ease with which people can monkey with headspace on savages could this be my issue.

I should mention the ammo. We are using handloaded ammunition. It is the hodgedons youth loads. So we are dealing with ultra low pressure. Could this be causing the issue? I plan to clean the rifle good and see if that changes anything. The one thing I haven't thought to do until now is check to see if it extracts unfired rounds or if it leaves them in the barrrel.