I know that Ejection issues have plagued Savage 110 rifles for many moons. I have finally had a chance to shoot the 300 whisper/ blackout/ 300/221/ 300fireball/ whatever...

anyway, when firing the first 20 rounds of factory Remington 300blk loads, it did not eject a single round. I had already ordered& installed the .140 detent ball on the extractor, I have since ordered& installed a new ejector spring& ejector, I filed the slot longer like shown here http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,15070.0.html
and this thing still will not eject.
Using dial calipers, (I didn't grab the ball gauge from the shed to get precise) the ejector hole measures .155 but I bet it was drilled with a 5/32 bit (.156) so with a .140 ball, I still have .015 slop in the ejection detent. how much is tolerable, or desirable?

at this point could this somehow be retrofitted with the blade type ejector like the CRF wssm bolts use? that way if you short stroke it, you could can grab the brass, but if hunting, you cycle vigorously& have a repeater.

other thoughts, or suggestions? metric ball bearing? use a 5/32 ball bearing, but lap the hole slightly larger first?