OK, time to pick some of your brains. I have a single shot 112 model series J that I bought some time ago with the intent of rebuilding it. Over the past year or so I have had delusions of grandeur and wanted to build a 7WSM or 7 RSAUM. In prepping for doing that I bought a bolt head and ejector from a fellow here on the board. The gun that I intended for that to go on ended up recently becoming a 6.5x47 Lap, through a series of events that, well, just happened. So now, I am thinking that that series J single shot would make one heckofa nice long range single shot rifle. Which brings me back to the 7 WSM. The ejector that came with the bolt head looks like it attaches to the pin on the trigger mechanism and slides over the edge of the receiver to the ride in the slot of the bolt head. Problem is, in the single shot J series rifle there is no hole in the bottom of the receiver for the ejector to come up through. Is there a different style bolt head I would need or will I need a smitty to cut a slot in the bottom of the receiver?

How do I get a single shot rifle to eject a WSM cartridge?