Hi, I'm new to this site, so any errors are first time mistakes. I guessing most likely there is already a thread on both my ?s if someone can just refer me to them that would be great.

TO NUT or NOT TO NUT, That is the ? or one of them anyway. I'm sure I'll have a few more even after these but this will get me started. I am becoming a convert/believer in the doit yourself barrel swapping option that the Savage has to offer and will be ordering a new action in the next day or so if I can get a couple of ?s answered first.

Again the whole turn on for the Savage is the NUT, why with all the success I here about out there with Savage rifles using NUTTY barrels would someone eliminate it and go back to NO NUT??? Has anyone proved a gain in accuracy by not having it. I'm not talking about other brands of actions in comparison, only a Savage with a NUT then the same rifle setup without a NUT nothing else changed ???

Also I am in need of what should seem relatively simple answers to simple questions but I can't seem to get anyone knowledgeable on the phone at Savage. I have tried 3 times and end up speaking with tech reps that cannot provide the info needed and can't (won't) refer me to anyone who does know (guess it's top secret). Soo... does anyone out there know what the actual outside diameter of the action that is used on the Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter (REPEATER) is, specifically the 6BR chambering? Is that diameter the same for the whole "Precision action" lineup regardless of model, caliber, port configuration, etc. Also what the whole spacing would be, center to center (again on the 12 LRPV -REPEATER), and if it is similar or different and in what way from their Savage Precision Target Short Action, 3 screw single shot gen 3. 4.400 action screw spacing. Obviously I realize the middle screw does not exist, but I heard or read somewhere that the forward hole is possibly .125" forward of the single shot pattern in relation to the recoil lug??? Any solid numbers out there would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks