Hey all,

I'm a new member, but longtime viewer. I'm hoping you can help me with my newly acquired problem... I bought a Savage 12FV in 223rem in July, and was TICKLED to death with the accutrigger. When it arrived I mounted a Weaver 6.5-20x44 AO using Leupold STD one piece bases and high rings. I boresighted it using a collameter and off to the range I went with Remington 55gr FMJ. It wouldn't print on a 8.5x11" sheet of paper at 25 yards! Holy smokes! I couldn't even find where the rounds were on my target holder, so I shot at a dirt embankment. it was about 16" high and 14" Left. So I took it back to my gun store (sportsmans warehouse, great guys BTW). WE (4 of us) checked, and rechecked the mounts and bases and they were tight. We did find that the scope reticle moved when the AO was dialed to 100 yards, so I scrapped the scope and went with a Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40AO. After boresighting it with a Bushnell collameter AND a Leupold collameter, off I went to the range again... Still couldn't find a piece of paper at 25 yards using the remington 55gr FMJ or Hornady varmint 55GR factory ammo.

So I sent the rifle to Savage 2 weeks ago and they called this morning. It shot a .6" 5-shot group at their 100 yard range (during the hurricane???) and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. So its on its way back to me. My question to you, my barrel nut brethren, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Is it:

Base/mounts?
Ammo (55gr should be fine in a 1:9")

My hunch is that something is up with my Leupold bases. I might end up putting on Warne rings and bases and trying it after I retry the Leupolds. But if I'm that far off, I might NEED the windage adjustment of the Leupolds!

Any advice is appreciated, and suggestions well heeded.

--Sageratslayer