I have a .260AI that I have been shooting for 9 months and have come to the conclusion I need to readjust the headspace because the Redding body die will not bump the shoulder back.

I have shot Rem, Nosler, and now Lapua brass with some cases having 7 or 8 reloads on them and haven't needed to bump the shoulder back yet.

The last load I shot, 47.5G H4831sc produced brass that takes a lot of of force to close the bolt on.

I measured the OAL to the shoulder with the Head and Shoulder gauge and sure enough these cases need to be bumped back 0.002 to 0.003 to fit in the chamber and let the bolt close.

To my surprise the Redding body made the cases longer at the shoulder instead of shorter when setup with a hard cam over in the press.

The die must have increased the body taper and pushed the shoulder forward, at least that's what the Head and Shoulder gauge says. YIKES!

I have a set of Redding shellholders the go from 0.002 to 0.010 in headspace but none of them make any difference in the case OAL to the shoulder.

Is there any other solution to this other than adjusting the headspace on the chamber?

I set the headspace using go/nogo gauges to minimum headspace on the gauges and still allowing fireforming brass from factory .260.

I don't really want to make the chamber longer after doing load development ....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks ...