I've been reading about donuts and I have a few questions to ask and I'd like your opinion as well. I'm about to start neck turning my 22-250 Rem. brass and I've never done this before.

I've been using the Foster Bushing Bump Neck Sizing Die with the .251 Neck Bushing. Below is an example of the Bump Die.

It appears to me the unsized part of the neck is now the new shoulder. I measured this unsized part to be .259 (.008 over the sized neck). Now if this is the new shoulder, I'm considering turning the neck just into the new shoulder. With the bullet pressed in, the neck only increases to .252. The loaded cartridge chambers fine. As shown in the picture the only part sized is approximately the top .210" of the neck and the shoulder. The rest of the brass is not sized at all. If I understand what I've read thus far, I don't think there is a reason for donut to build.

I'm aware that normally brass is full length sized and expanded before turning the necks just into the shoulder.

1. Should I still full length size the brass before tuning the necks?
2. Would it be reasonable to neck turn to the apparent new shoulder?
3. Just how thick is a donut when it forms?
4. With this die, where would the donut most likely appear, if at all?
5. Should I do whatever I decide and learn from experience?

[img width=600 height=238]http://davidwgray.com/images/Bushing_Bump_Die_Pic.jpg[/img]