hi guys,
i own a huge variety of brands of rifles. ive owned 2 savage products prior to this one. one was a stevens 200 in 7mm-08 which i loved the round but i never got that gun to shoot. second is a 17 hmr which i love that little rifle. i recently aquired a savage 110 tactical rifle in 7mm remington mag on trade for a small gun safe from a freind. he was in more need of the safe than i was of the gun. it has a bull barrel which i like. i have a 7mag in a 700 and love it. but this one id like to build a bench rifle or looking at some of these camoed up sniper rifles that may be what i decide to do. but i got lots of questions and im sure many have been answered a thousand times. my freind has been claiming it this gun was a tack driver for years (not certian of his definition of tack driver though) and he didnt hunt with it cause it was heavy (hes older). so any way, i took it apart to give it a good wipe down and first thing i noticed is the stock is garbage and has to go. all tupperware so ill be in the market for a synthetic with aluminum bedding ect. the trigger looks adjustable and i see where i can take the creep out by adjusting the screw under the sear. ill need to read up on trigger adjustments on here and a replacement may be on the list later on in my build. i put her back together and clamped her in my gun vise. and ran a brush and a few patches with my dewy gun cleaning rod and guide, the third patch came out pretty clean. my biggest concern at this point is the barrel. i shined a light in there @ the crown and the bore looks pretty smooth but the rifleing has tool marks on the lands the entire length. now i havent shot it yet and it may be a shooter but im afraid a rebarrel will be in order. id like to keep it a 7mag i like the round and already load for it so cost aint an issue, recoil is minimal in my 700 so i imagine it will be less on the bull barrel. plus the 7 mag has great ballistics and is a great long range flat shooter. upside is the trigger gaurd is steel!!! haha. any direction on this will be much appreciated.
i prolly wont hunt with this im really leaning toward a sniper rifle set up maybe a muzzle break for good measure.