Hey all! I just thought I owed it to all of you to report my latest experience and findings with some Remington brass that I bought.

First off it is Remington 6.5X55 Swedish Mauser brass. Now, reading the reviews on MidwayUSA.com, which I must admit is where I buy the majority of my supplies, Remington is not doing so hot. HOWEVER, I just went through 100 pieces of NEW in the bag brass that had ZERO variance in HeadSpace measurement using a Hornady HS gauge, AND the O.A.L. with just calipers measuring from tip to tail, was a constant 2.157" with the occasional 2.1575". That is impressive to me for the price. Granted, there isn't a whole lot of difference in cost between Remington at $.50 a stick and Lapua at $.65. That is on sale.(sale ending at midnight tonight). Then the Lapua will be around $.73 a stick. But still, savings is savings.

I know the proof will be in the number of loadings I get from the brass but, I figure if I anneal it, there won't be a huge difference. Time and shooting will tell and I will be sure to report. I just thought you all would like to know.

The Remington 6.5 Swede brass appears "Good to Go." Will give updates as I load and shoot.
I have been buying some Winchester due to the fact that the local Sportsmans Warehouse was carrying it and the measurements suffered. I was disappointed only when I got the Remington.