Ever since I bought my first CZ-52 I've had an itch to build a bolt gun for this snappy little pistol round. I've worn out my search button and I know this has been done before, but havent found much in the way of "nuts and bolts" information on how to go about the build. Now I need a little more in depth input from the smart pigs.

What action should I start with? I have access to a 110 in .270 but I don't know enough about the various Savage actions availible. (I would think any action that would handle a .223 length would work)

Can I buy a threaded barrel chambered for the 7.62 X 25 or is this a custom made kind of deal?

What do you guys think of the idea of fitting a pistol magazine? (It might be easier to do this than to try to get this short little round to feed from the factory mag well)

I know the questions are bretty basic, I'm just trying to do my homework before I start makin' chips. I'd appreciate any and all advise, and , as usual, also welcome the smart a** remarks as well. Thanks, Paul.