I'm designing a custom base for my 111 and I have a couple of questions for you guys. First, the design. It is going to be a 0 MOA one-piece steel Weaver-style base. My friend that is machining it for me is going to measure my Warne QD Maxima rings and build it to fit them so the fit will be very tight. My first question is how long to make it. The back will obviously run to the rear edge of the receiver, but I want the front edge to run to the end of the barrel nut, not just the front of the receiver. Every mount that I've looked at that extends over the nut always does so above it, but I want my mount to actually lay on the nut. I originally planned to also have a lug on the bottom that fit into the slight recess at the recoil lug and rest on it, but my friend said it really wouldn't be needed. What are your opinions on the mount touching the barrel nut? The second question is about the recoil lug. The Nightforce mount, for example, uses a recoil lug that extends slightly down into the ejection port at the front part of the receiver, but there is no lug at the rear part of the receiver. Here is a link to a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.http://nightforceoptics.com/nightfor...sonepieceL.jpg. I can see the purpose of the front lug to help spread out the energy at the moment of recoil, so would it be beneficial to also add one at the rear?