I had planned on building a .300 Whisper or Blackout on a Remington 700 with a 16.25” 1 turn in 7” barrel dedicated suppressed subsonic loads. A year ago I had a friend give me an old Savage 110D Series K .30-06 that had been redneck pampered so the stock was next to destroyed and the magazine latch hardware was gone with the bent hinge plate hanging open. It was my first encounter with a Savage and the first thing I noticed was the simplicity of the barrel nut. I’ve built AR15s and an LR-308 after selling off my Mini-14 and MN Springfield M1a because re-barreling is quick and easy with the AR platform. With the Savage I quickly realized that we have a bolt gun with the same ease of re-barreling feature. For what I thought were obvious reasons (it being a long action) I didn’t consider the 110 for the .300 Blackout build but I decided to build it on a Model 10 action with a .378 bolt face which led me to this forum. After reading some posts it appears that this old long action will do the trick if I can locate the parts but I’m not real sure what I’m looking for to convert it to the old long action .223 configuration other then the bolt swap.

The decision I’m considering is this: If locating the conversion parts is to expensive and or they are to hard to locate I will instead mill the inside of the receiver rails to fit AR-15 magazines and build a magazine well out of a 30% AR15 lower. When finished the magwell and floorplate will be a single integrated aesthetically pleasing part but I want to weigh the costs.

Are the old .223 long action configuration parts reasonably easy to locate? And can someone tell me what I need?

Regards: CW