First off, this is for a hand gun. You guy have some of the best load knowledge on the net and I figured I would ask this here first. My favorite hand gun currently is my .454 Casull Raging bull 6 3/8" barrel. It's not uncommon for me to go out with 70-80 loaded rounds and come home with nothing but 70-80 empty cases. Using the 250gr and 300gr Hornady XTP and 26gr-36gr of H-110 and 2400, that get a little expensive. My thought here is to be able to load up the less expensive (bulk) .451" diamater bullets from 185gr-230gr. The same bullets I use in the .45 ACP and the .45 Colt. I know I can shoot the .45 Colt from the .454 but it's a PITA if you want to go back to shooting the .454 in the same range sesion. So the question is......What powders should or could be used for this. Will any of the powders for the .45acp, .45 Colt or the .454 Casull work? I am not looking for reduced power loads, just reduce the bullet cost. Keep in mind that all bullets used will be jacketed. Also will be fun to see how fast I can get these little suckers to fly. My best so far with a 250gr XTP with out over pressure is 1960 FPS. Thoes stung the hand a bit.