I have read some past posts on the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 Mil Dot and comparisons to other scopes in various areas. I am presently looking for a scope to use for prairie dogs out to 600 yards from off the bench. I like to use scopes with mil-dots for hold-off points for windage. I am also a clicker so I need adequate elevation to get out to long range without maxing out the adjustments. The rifle I will be using the scope on has a heavy sporter barrel so a large scale scope is not appropriate. I presently have a few Bushnell Elite 4200 in 6-24X40 with the mildots. The glass is very clear but they only have 26MOA of elevation adjustment also the heavy outer duplex tends to crowd and limit the field of view. I also have two Nikon Monarchs in 4-16X42 with the mildots. I like these scope but prefer more magnification of at least 20X. I today tested my Nikon up against the Elite 4200 both set at 16X and the Bushnell was hands done winner for clarity. Purchasing scope always seems to be a compromise and I have narrow my choice done to the Vortex Viper and the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40 SF Mil Dot. The Viper has 68 MOA of adjustment, nice target-adjustable turrets, side focus and 14.4" length. It seems the Vipers mil dot reticle is more open that the 4200 Elite mil dot. Does anyone has first hand knowledge of this comparison? I know the 4200 Elite has excellant glass and clarity, can the Viper even come close to the 4200 Elite? Can anyone comment on the last two questions I pose.