I picked up my first Savage a few weeks ago, really enjoying it. I must admit up to this point ive been a very novice shooter, but im looking to get a little more knowledgeable about this sport. The gun i picked up looks like the basic model 10. It has the black synthetic stock, high polish black sporter barrel, accutrigger, and it came with a cheapo Stevens scope that i quickly replaced with a Burris i wasnt using. Id really like to change a few things right of the bat. First the stocks gotta go. Now i havent taken the stock off, but im going to assume i have the blind magazine that stays in the stock. I also measured the action screws and it is 4.4. Now ive been looking for a while at stocks and i cant find any aftermarket stocks that are specifically designed for that style. Any help or suggestions on a stock that a novice could put on with little to no modification? If it needs much more than that im afraid i would need to take it to a gunsmith for proper fitment. The second thing id like to change is small but if like to put a more aggressive bolt handle. This seemed easy enough, but i was reading on SavageGunSmithing.com and noticed he mentioned adjusting firing pin protrusion when replacing the bolt handle. This threw me off a little, is this necessary and or hard to do? Thanks for the suggestions and advice.