Another super shooting Savage barrel. The barrel pictured is a 110 J series 308. The barrel was bought for $45. , cut to 18",crowned and re-chambered to 300WSM recently.

The top left load yesterday shot into a group like the bottom right today. It is a factory Winchester 180 grain power point of which I recently got 3 boxes in a trade.

The bottom right target today is 68grs of Rel 17 and a 165gr Accubond. All targets pictured are three shot groups. This is the second 1 holing Savage chambered in 300WSM factory that was cut off. The other is 19" and is one of those super shinny hunting type barrels that I had Nitrided. The 3rd 300WSM factory barrel was left at 24" and the contour is that skinny little hunting barrel that came from a Stevens as I recall.

I cannot see any reason to buy an after-market barrel when every Savage takeoff barrel I have shoots exactly like this. I now have five heavy hitting magnum takeoff barrels that shoot like this. I am waiting for a moly unfired 300 Rum barrel to get back from Nitriding. I really hope the Rum shoots like the rest of them.

Neal

Note: John 763-439-4867 for those who wish to have barrel Ferratic Nitrded. $35. for handgun barrels. $45. rifle barrels. $45. for actions. You take everything apart or multiply by 2 if you want John to take everything apart. He will NOT re-assemble. Everything must be super clean and in the white. Chrome moly/ the blue must be removed.
[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/001-2.jpg[/img]