Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
I received my new model 12 lrpv in 6br norma about a month and a half ago. Was super excited to get it to the range. Was a long wait. First thing I noticed was it didn’t appear to have a recessed target crown on the barrel. Had to send the rifle back due to a major chamber issue. I advised Savage about the crown and simply sent it back hoping that they would address both issues and get it back to me. When I got it back they did NOT address the barrel crown, chamber appears to be somewhat smoother and they knocked a small piece out of the stock about 1” from the front. Once I saw these problems I immediately called Customer service.
I’m not on here to just rant but I feel that Savage really needs to address a serious quality control issue before it has a negative impact on their reputation as a supplier of some really accurate and dependable long range bolt action rifles. Does anyone have a photo of what the inside of a chamber on a lrpv should look like when new? Or just a good description. I posted a couple of photos earlier but just got one response that it was somewhat questionable. Looking for some ideas on what I might should be looking for. You help would be greatly appreciated.
Just FWIW, my new LRPV had a recessed crown. There were no noticeable issues with the chamber. No noticeable burrs or rough spots, etc. As is par for Savage, the barrel was dirty as was the bolt face. Anyone buying a "new" Savage rifle should be prepared to clean it before a first range session. Then again, you should clean ANY new firearm prior to first use, regardless of brand.