So I have a boyds on the way for a 110 I'm building. Going to do my first pillar bed on it.

It's a hunting rifle so don't need every bit of accuracy I can get, however down the road I may want to glass/epoxy bed the action/lug, mostly for experience but either way.

My question is the purpose of the pillars is for metal to metal contact, if I bed the action later, as long as I did the pillars properly the glass bed should squeeze out of the way and still leave the face of the pillars open, correct? Basically I have a thought that the bedding material will become higher than the top of the pillar.

I know this shouldn't happen, we'll because of metal to metal contact should squeeze all the bedding material out from between the action and the pillar. I think its this lack of sleep 3rd shift insomnia that won't let that out of my brain lol.

Side question, why do people use the T handle screws for the action when glass bedding instead of the action screws themselves? Can't I just use the action screws?