Putting together a 223 using a Mod11 action and Choate tactical stock. I couldn't get the OEM accutrigger below 3lbs, so I swapped in a target spring, now it's at 2lbs where I want it. I had to dremel the stock in the area of the top bolt release to be able to depress the tab far enough to slide the bolt in and out. With the action and barrel mounted and torqued to 50 in/lb, the trigger does not function as it should. When pressing the center area of the trigger, it will not release. If it does, it's a "clunk", not a snap. Pressing the far lower area of the trigger, it will release with the proper sound. I know it's the safety blade working as it does, but where is the mechanism binding? I'm certain I'm pulling straight back, regardless of where my finger is positioned. Using a spring gauge, it's impossible to release the sear if pulling straight back on the center of the trigger. Pulling down near the tip of the trigger, the sear will release at 2lbs. What is preventing the safety blade from being depressed fully in the center of the trigger?<br>
I'm waiting for delivery of a Rifle Basix 1. I wonder if I'm missing something that will not be resolved by removing the stock accutrigger. Any thoughts are appreciated.