so, in digging around on SSK's barrel ordering program, i always seem to notice interesting & different things that might just be cool.

Have a couple hundred pieces of 7mmBR brass that has been sitting here for years, i tried a brief jaunt with XP's and found that for the most part
i prefer contenders, in pistol or carbine format. So, what to do with a pile of 7BR? Some time ago i bought a cheap Rem700 in .243 to use as a donor build for something...just never decided what. The 7BR did cross my mind for that...actually still considering it, in fact.

But in nosing around on the SSK barrel configurator, i notice they'll do the .375whisper for contenders. (7BR necked up to .375).

So, i already have brass. And, they have load data. And they had dies. And, i have some cool bullets from experimenting with the .375win, and .375JDJ, in both pistol tubes & carbine length...specifically, the Lehigh Defense Controlled Fracturing, which i found to be incredibly destructive at 375JDJ carbine speeds, and the barnes 210gr X bullets, which seemed to hold up better. And, it uses all the powders i have a lot of...and i got a spare smallish scope or 2...see where this is leading?

Ordered an 18" carbine barrel in .375whisper yesterday, last few barrels have all been about 8 weeks or so to arrive...will see how this one pans out.

This T/C thing...Warren Center was a sneaky racsal.