I have a two 24" standard contour Contender barrels that are peas in a pod and may be making a decision regarding their futures before long. One is a Bullberry barrel in 6.5 BB (6.5x30-30). The other is a 24" EABCO barrel in 6.5 BRM, which is similar to the 6.5x30-30 AI. Both are blued.

They are ballistic twins. The Bullberry shoots well with just about any combo. The EABCO took a few test loads to figure out its preferences, but both barrels will get down to 0.5 MOA with multiple loads. I have equal amounts of their preferred components to feed them. Both have good quality dies (Redding for the BB and Forster Bench Rest for the BRM).

The Bullberry is a 1:9. The BRM is a 1:8. So the full range of appropriate hunting bullets will work in either.

The BB, of course, has 1:14 forend spacing, but that is no issue as you either use a long pistol forend or add a third hole to your existing rifle forend -- as multiple members here have done. Or you can do as Fred Smith intended and use a hanger bar system (I don't). The Bullberry wears an EABCO base fitted with 4 screws while the BRM barrel was drilled for and fitted with a 6-screw base before they shipped it to me.

Hogs and coyotes around here seem to hate them equally, so I am asking your opinions instead of theirs ha ha.

Which would you keep...and why?