Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
fasteddie, did this smoothing eliminate the bullet scratching in your rifle?
H-IowaFox - Yes, I rarely find any scratches at all. I must caveat that My B22 didn't do it very 'deeply' to begin with, the bullets just looked like they were banged around in a 'bulk box' instead of being $20 Lapuas ( I usually only use SK+, HA! ) I've commed with others who have done this and found relief from that 'nasty scratchin'
Just 'round' the front so it still can pick up the bullet case, and smooth everything else. I went back almost 2" and polished it with 1000g paper after a tiny bit of filing. Also, check inside the receiver while you're polishing . . . there are often snags and stuff that could drag on the bolt, too. I also polished the 'round side' of the bolt, shiney just makes me feel good. Might as well . . .
I also polished all the trigger parts w-1000g, and did the 'heat the T-spring' mod (heat ca. 'yellow-hot' and cool slowly). That was before a friend send me a couple V-springs from TX. One of those went in my A22, but the B22 had gone down to 1.25# w-heat so I left it alone. The A22 went down to 1.9# which was good for a semi with that cr*p trigger assy, and made a young guy Verry happy when he bought it.
Good luck with your rifle,
Ed