Hello everyone. After extensive rifle reviews the last several months, I ordered and recently picked up a new Savage 110 Ultralite in a 280 Ackley Improved for an upcoming elk hunt. Took it to the range to break in the Proof Research barrel last week and I’m having major feeding problems. It is only cycling a round from the magazine into the chamber every 4 to 8 times or so. After 5 shots fired, excluding one jam, I called it quits. Called Savage customer service and the gunsmith informed that rep that they believe it is a magazine issue and are sending me a new magazine.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue? I am quite surprised because Savage (and I’m sure all other manufacturers) test fire each rifle with the magazine included with the rifle. Any input or suggestions is much appreciated. Maybe it is indeed the magazine but I’m a little leery. I was using common factory ammo that many others have used successfully with this caliber Savage Ultralite – Hornady ELD-X in 162g.

And I apologize in being “that guy” with a first post that posts about a problem. Just haven’t been able to find any similar issues on this rifle anywhere.

Thanks.