I will be taking delivery on my first Savage platform rifle, a Stevens 200 in .223 Rem. I picked it up to learn the platform as I've heard so many good things about Savage centerfire rifles. The big selling points for me were the price, accuracy, and they are user friendly for the do it yourselfer.

Here's what I'd like to know:

Is there a tutorial on this site about breaking down and assembling a rifle? Specifically what is required to change calibers, triggers, and stocks? If so, is it in the paid member only area?

I assume any Savage rifle from the factory in .223 Rem has a .223 Rem chamber, not a 5.56 or Wylde chamber, right?

Has anyone here ever SBR'd their bolt action? I'm thinking about turning this into a 300/221 (300 Whisper) project if I like the rifle and I like short barrels (around 12") for that caliber.

Does anyone make a stock for the rifle that breaks down (ie the main stock body behind the trigger comes off for storage)? I'm not worried about legalities of overal length with the stock broken down because I would only do it if I SBR the receiver and it wouldn't matter.

Thanks,
Altair