[QUOTE=Fuj';493121]
Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
I don’t believe there is any empirical data or case study to support the superiority of one over the rest. /QUOTE]

Ahh but there is. Each discipline puts down it's own data by simply reading national match results.
In most national results, you can find equipment lists. Bartllen barrels are most prominent with 5R.
Brux will mainly be 4 groove. Krieger has a 4 groove in the mix. In short game BR, a good old 6 groove
can still be highly competitive, but rarely used in the long games.

The idea is, there is not enough data to say that one rifling profile is better than another. Maybe if you got someone to shoot a test rifle indoors with three different rifling profiles you could make a case for it. Competition results will show a trend, sometimes. But, eg, does a Bartlein 5R barrel outshoot a Brux 4 groove because 1) the rifling profile is better, 2) the barrel is more precisely made, 3) the shooter is better or 4) that shooter had better wind conditions than the other top shooters, etc. etc

I am another who would stay with 6BR for informal use. Ready made brass. Proven easy to load for. And won't burn out a barrel in a couple seasons of shooting. I want the lower recoil of the 100-110 gn bullets, lower case capacity to give higher load densities, and longer barrel life. The Dasher gets an extra 200fps, not something that is important to me. If the velocity was important I'd go with a larger case cartridge (6x47, CM, .243) and plan on changing the barrel more often. I already have a .308 if I feel the need to shoot heavier bullets. And I am limited to 1000yd so anything more is just excess.

My only decision is a Krieger or Bartlein :)