Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Good stuff! Now start reloading! You won’t be sorry & will ALWAYS have more accurate loads. Just some very basic case prep and care taken will yield more accurate ammo than ANYTHING off the shelf!

Also, now you can start tweaking the little things. You can do some things to make the bolt lift NON-extistant! I have a video on here somewhere, actuating the bolt after pulling the trigger. It’s really light! Can also look into doing an Accutrigger job. Triggers are a very preferential. Especially the Accutrigger. Seems people either LOVE ‘em, or HATE ‘em! (Mostly the later) I love my custom Accutrigger & wouldn’t trade it for anything! And yes....I’ve used the various moderate to very expensive aftermarket jobs. Nah....I’ll stick with MY custom Accutrigger that cost me a couple bucks for new springs, shims & set screw. Little bit of “love” can go a long way to making your rig a more enjoyable tool. Glad to hear the success & wish you well for future, and FURTHER, outings!
Thanks Dave.

I have seen the video about modifying the bolt-lift, and have done it. Much better than it was, and doesn't present any issues for me.

I have reloaded pistol calibers in the past, and have most of what I need for rifle except the dies. Reloading is on the list of things to do - right after "Learn to shoot...".

So far, I feel I'm on the right track, but with a lot to learn.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their technical knowledge - and for the encouragement!