Wanted to get some advice from the collective knowledge here (it's been great in the past). Have a new barrel on order (20 Tactical) that has a .230 neck - it is the barrel makers standard neck and I did not want the extra $ to buy a reamer, so am happy with this.

While waiting for the barrel, plan to get some Lapua/Dakota .20 Tactical brass in and some 39gr Sierra and 40gr Bergers. My question is with the tight chamber of the barrel is about turning the necks on the brass. Conversed with another member (Thanks Steve) he related that his loaded rounds are .2302 using the 40gr Berger and Dakota brass. So it would seem that I will be turning necks for the tight chamber (which is OK by me). Realize some do and other do not turn, but it would seem for the build I will have it will be needed.

So, what can you guys recommend as far a equipment to turn and what is actually needed? Have searched some here and on the net, the Sinclair, K&M and Forster seem to be quite popular. What I think I will need is the expander die and mandrel, the actual neck trimmer and mandrel for it, plus a case holder. Is that it?

How much would be taken off of the neck? .003 - .004 smaller than the .230 chamber, giving loaded round measurement of .227-.226? This should been done with any new brass BEFORE fireforming. Right now I have the Standard Redding die set (F/L and Seater).

Any thoughts advice always appreciated.