Well, I'm new to Savages and they don't make it simple at all do they? I purchased a 110 Apex Predator XP and dropped it into a Choate tactical stock. I managed to do my homework enough to get the "right" version at the time, along with the the plastic "bottom metal" piece I needed for the magwell. Therein lies the problem. Plastic. Plastic everywhere. The magwell is plastic. The trigger guard is plastic. It just feels cheap and wrong.

I ordered up a nice 10 round metal magazine from Snyder, but that only makes things worse. Not only do I only have one and he's showing out of stock, but even if I had more I'd have a big heavy mag hanging from a plastic catch that breaks some times with the stock mag. Not only that, but that catch is hanging from a plastic "bottom metal." Great. We haven't even addressed the trigger guard yet.

I saw an older post here that referenced putting serial numbers in a parts finder on the Savage website, but as far as I can tell that no longer exists. I've seen references to a company called CDI that used to make real bottom metal and modify Choate stocks for AICS, but as far as I can tell they no longer exist as well. So what options still exist? Thanks in advance!