I have a model 10 I built in 308. It specs as follows:
Left hand model 10 action, timed and trued. X-caliber 26in ss heavy barrel, 308 win, 1-10 twist, 5R. The stock is a choate ultimate varmint I had inletted by CDI and uses their DBM to use AICS style mags.
I have another rifle I built (a left hand long action in 6.5x55) many years ago with the same stock. I really liked the stock, so I bought one for this build as well.

Well, I also semi recently built a 223. I built it from a newer model 110 tactical https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...56-rifle-build
With it I just kept the factory accu-fit accu-stock, since it was already set up for AICS mags.
Well the more I shoot both of them, I find myself really starting to prefer the accu-fit accu-stock over the choate ultimate varmint. I am just finding it way more easier to get a good grip, hold, and make it more steady while on a front rest/rear bag.
I use a front rest on all my rifles when I shoot from the bench and a bag on the rear, except when using the ultimate varmint. I use the rear threaded monopod in the stock. On the other bags, I can move and/or squeeze the rear bag to make fine adjustments. On the ultimate varmint, when I turn the knob to make a fine adjustment, it always walks off, even if I try to put something soft under it (like a rag). I am growing a little tired of it. But with the shape of the stock, I can not use a rear bag like I can on a more traditional styled stock.
I also like the factory savage AICS style DBM better than the CDI. The savage seems easier to find the opening and insert the mag, and seems to hold/support it better than the CDI. The savage is more of a mag well, while the CDI is more of a opening the mag goes into.

So would I be stupid for wanting to swap out the ultimate varmint for a factory accu-fit accu-stock just like the one in my above 223 build I did?