First let me say I'm not bashing Savage.Have four of them that I'm very pleased with.Now there's this one that I can't consitently get a satisfactory group from.Here's the history .This takes place over a period of years when the rifle was put on the backburner the brought back out.Bought a brand new 110 package deal in .243.This was a few years before the accutrigger.After a few different factory loads and a lot of handloads it would never consistently shoot under 2" a t 100 yards.Usually 2 1/2" to 3" was the best it would do. Installed a Rifle Basix trigger....no change.Changed barrel to adams&bennet 7mm-08.Different factory and handloads still shooting about the same as old barrel.Bedded around recoil lug...no change.Read somewhere else that a pillar bedded action should only touch the pillars and not the stock.Worked stock down so only touching at pillars and recoil lug.....no change.Tore out old bedding and and rebedded from the front action screw to front of chamber.....Got a group under 2".Now during all this time I would sometimes get 3 and even 4 shots into a VERY nice group(holes touching or nearly so) then get a wild flier.So,next time out took that load and another that had shown promise plus a couple new loads to try.The 2 promising loads both gave groups just under 2".OK onto something,right?Loaded a box with the load that had given 2 groups under2" and went back to zero scope for this load.Fired a couple fouling shots then first 2 shots nearly touching and third shot 4" from first shot then fourth shot nearly touching third and fifth back into the group with the first two.This is what I've been dealing with for a few years.I can live with 2"100 yard groups(not pleased with 2" but that's the minimum acceptability)Tried two different scopes on both barrels that both work just fine on other rifles.It kills hogs just fine but rarely are shots more than 50 yards.I do hunt spots where much longer shots are possible.It's been a beater,loaner ,truck gun but I want more.What next?More bedding?Scrap the stock and get a new one?Get rid of it?What next?