Bought the 12FV a couple years back. Decided to put a Burris Eliminator III on it when they went on sale last month as I drew prime public hunt in Texas where shots will range out to 300+ yrds. It shot lights out at 400 yards in the plastic Savage stock. I decided to put a better stock on it to see if I could improve it (which would be hard to do). I chose the Choate Tactical stock after doing some research. I also decided to convert the 12FV from a blind mag to a DBM. I called Savage Arms and ordered the bottom metal ($79) and the bottom plate to convert the blind mag into a drop mag. I asked the gentleman on the phone from Savage if I needed anything else like new action screws. The answer was no it all should work. When everything arrived I quickly pulled everything out and started the build. The bottom metal was a little snug so I lightly sanded the stock material. I transferred the metal trigger guard over from the original stock, dropped in the action, and found that the front action screw was too long. The Savage support guy was not correct about everything transferring over. After some searching, I found many posts about this issue. While I found many such posts I did not find a solid confirmation on how to proceed. Some said cut/grind the original screw down to fit. But as you can see in the pictures doing so would not leave enough threads. Further searching revealed references to using the 10/110 front screw. But it was the weekend and I would have to wait to call Savage and another 7-10 days shipping. I also have a savage 110 high country in .308. I removed the action screws and the front screw was the correct length. I found Midway USA had a DBM screw for an HS stock while Brownells had nothing in stock for DBM stocks. Searching the big box h/w stores turned up nothing. So I ordered the option from Midway and continued the search checking at a local gun shop to no avail. However checking at a local ACE h/w store I found a possible solution in a 1/4-28 x 3/4" button head screw. I had to file the diameter of the head down to fit the stock by putting the screw in my drill press and using a file to cut the head down. I also shortened the screw slightly by using a couple jam nuts and grinding it down slightly. At last, I had the solution to finish the build. I tightened the front screw first torqueing it to 40 in. lbs as recommend by Savage for the Accustock. I the followed the same procedure for the rear action screw. Overall I am satisfied with the finished solution. I will have to wait to get it to the range to see if it shoots as well as it looks. It is heavy but I will likely be hunting from a ground blind with shooting sticks. Hope this helps anyone looking to do a similar build. Enjoy the pictures.

New Screws:

[IMG][/IMG]

Original screw blind mag vs. purchased new screw comparison
[IMG][/IMG]

Savage 110 vs new screw comparision
[IMG][/IMG]

Savage 110 high country screw - has a washer?
[IMG][/IMG]

Savage 110 screw length
[IMG][/IMG]

New screw length
[IMG][/IMG]

Jam nuts to enable grinding new screw
[IMG][/IMG]

Drop Box Mag bottom purchased from Savage Arms
[IMG][/IMG]

Assembled mag with mag pulled from original stock plus purchased bottom
[IMG][/IMG]

Bottom metal purchased from Savage installed
[IMG][/IMG]

Drop box mag installed
[IMG][/IMG]

Finished rifle
[IMG][/IMG]

Choate stock + cheek piece invoice from Tactical Works
[IMG][/IMG]

Savage Arms invoice for bottom metal and mag bottom.
[IMG][/IMG]