Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Charlieb, I got that and you are right. I was looking at Mr.snerdly's comment. If you notice, I quoted his post where he said that some of his 243 grew .009" at the shoulder. I could have missed something though. I would expect a 1st firing to move a little if the headspace was set at max. >009" is out of that realm and this leads me to believe he had a case head separation and that was what he saw in his barrel. Not sure but one other poster may have said something like this already.
Sorry, I was also referring back to Snerdly's comment. Just forgot to quote it. And the shoulder moving that much to me would be an issue as well.

My first thought about the obstruction would be that the primer had somehow wedged itself in there, but, that is not likely unless the next round was shoved in there to jam it in the bore.

Second thought was that for some reason a portion of the last bullet fired separated in the bore. I've never heard of that happening.

When I have had a case head separate I could easily see through the bore and the only obvious clue was the next round would not chamber.

If the recovered case is the one that was fired last and is complete then it has to be primer, piece of bullet, or a foreign object in the case with the powder.