hello ive been trolling this forum for quite some time and have finally decided to join! :)
I just purchased a brand new savage 10fcp-k in .308 and have a couple of Qs that might span 3 different
forum sections.
1. Does the accustock come set out of the box? Meaning do I personally have to set it to 40lbs-45lbs of torque
or is it fine from factory with no adjustments?
2. In looking for an optic i really like the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6x-24x, but i see alot of you guys swear by a Vortex. I want a scope to have a side parallax and zero stop with a mil recticle. Price range $800
Large turrents with nice tactical clicks @1/4 moa.
Sub Question 2: I would want this gun to be able to shoot to 1000yrds+ BUT, the longest range around me is 300yrds, I dont think a 1000yrd range exists in NYS. This will be for nothing but shooting paper. So is my scope choice right or wrong
3. I do not reload nor do I know a reloader(if i take that hobby up my wife, well lets just leave it at that)
I plan to shoot premium factory ammo and have read a few of your suggestions

Basically what im asking is for your input. And if you know of any long range shooters around Buffalo I'd love to get into matches and learn.
Thank you....C