hello all! new to the forum but not new to savage rifles. the rifle im posting about is my 11f chambered in 300wsm, was a gift from my mother back in 2005. has been a great rifle and has been my go to gun since ive had it, made me put my model 99 308 to the side.but any ways since new, when cleaning id always just run wet patches and dry patches till clean and thought the bore was good to go. all i ever used was hoppes #9 bench rest, well this year i finally decided to try a new product boretech eliminator and what i was getting out of my barrel was beyond belief. kept cleaning per instructions still bore was spotless and thats when i found an issue. found some pitting in the rifling at the muzzle. this rifle has always been a tack driver 3 shot half inch groups at 100 yards with factory winchester ammo. before i cleaned the gun this past week i did a 3 shot group at 150 yard over the hood of a tractor and had a 3/4in group from a crappy rest. im assuming the pitting has been there from some time and untill i had the barrel truly clean i had no idea it was there. now that i know its there its really bugging me. called savage a new barrel from them is 175 plus 75-100 for them to install plus the shipping. or i could get an after market drop in for 300-350 and do it my self. after market or factory savage? i could also just be over thinking this whole thing and might just leave the rifle alone if its shooting good. what are your guy's and gals thoughts? sorry for the long winded post